Just a quick makeover to a dresser I did for my boys room. I was looking for a more masculine modern piece of furniture and found this through Craigslist. It needed to be wiped down and aired out, and then I lined the drawers and had to buy some new drawer slides since some of the drawers were broken.

I filled in some gouges with wood putty and lightly sanded it all down. I painted the drawer fronts with some gray paints I had leftover from other projects and just mixed them together. I also stained the entire dresser with General Finishes Gel Stain in Java. Lastly, I used a Sharpie paint pen and a ruler to measure out my herringbone pattern. I thought painting a few of the shapes in in white would look neat but I don't have a steady enough hand. This is the way it is for now, and my boys that share a room have some extra storage!
Isn't he just a handsome old fella??
No comments:
Post a Comment