Process of upgrading our not so Mauve-u-lous bedroom continues.
But even before I painted I had to fix the lamp situation.
We had little tiny lamps on our nightstands, and I was ready for an upgrade.
It did make me a little sad, when we first moved in we needed lamps so I had my husband run to the store and 'just pick some.' He actually did a pretty good job, my tastes have just changed. And they WERE nice nice lamps.....enough about my guilt! They sold within the day and went to a loving home.
Then one day I was driving in a part of town I wasnt too familiar with and saw a thrift store that I had never noticed before. I went in to check it out and found 2 beautiful brassy lamps with matching shades for....$5 a piece. Hurray!!
I was hoping to do a mercury glass effect on my brassy lamps, but since they were brass and not glass, it was a no go. Primer and some Krylon Looking Glass Spray just gave them a nice silver sheen.
Oh well, better luck next time. I still like my lamps and think they are more proportional to the space then the little ones. Not to mention I recently upgraded with some serious help in the bedding and paint department.
I think to make them have a little more personality I want to add a ribbon trim, but am loving the small upgrade. They are so chunky and cute! Who knew you could ever love a pair of $5 lamps so much.

LOOOVE the shape of those lamps! There is never EVER anything that fabulous in my thrift stores!
ReplyDeleteKelly @ View ALong the Way
Thanks kelly! I think I did get pretty lucky....I had never been to this particular thrift store before and drove by it one day by chance and went in and found the lamps.
DeleteLove the shape of the lamps and your gorgeous tufted duvet!
ReplyDeleteKelly @ View Along the Way